Plain Text files
vvvv uses Unicode internally but it allows you to read and write plain text files in any encoding you like.
Plain Text files are good for:
- saving texts
- saving values in a human-readable form
- big size of the files
- conversion of values into characters & loosing precision
Files that contain markup or other meta-data are generally considered plain-text.
- Simple peers like CSV can be parsed using the nodes from the String category.
- For XML files use the XElement nodes.
- For a bit more advanced pattern matching use Regular Expressions.
Examples in your vvvv\girlpower\ directory: