Cloning an Effect
When starting to create a new effect it is often helpful to work from an existing one. In the EX9.Effect node category you can find the Template (EX9.Effect) which is such a good starting point (but you can also start from any other effect in the category).
- hover the effect in the NodeBrowser
- press CTRLEnter or CTRL+Click to clone it
- specify a name
- if your patch is not yet saved you'll also have to specify a path for the cloned effect to be copied to
- rightlclick the newly created node in order to edit its code
Learning about effects
- For a tutorial introducing VVVVs shader language and techniques see the Tutorial of Effects and Shaders
- For an introduction to the technology behind Effects follow the EX9 links in the Shader section of the documentation.
You may also want to have a look at: